Kohatian Foundation, since its launch and even before its launch has been very active in helping Kohatians and the society at large. Among many others, some of the notable achievements are:
1. Launch of the Kohatians website and discussion group at Yahoo Groups. This E-group is for the Kohatians of Cadet College Kohat. This group will enable old colleagues to meet. It aims to provide a communication bridge between all cadets. The discussion group was launched in February 2001 and has over 400 members. Through this web based discussion group, the Kohatians all over the world are able to keep in touch and get connected. A number of ex cadets have re-discovered long lost friends through the group.
The address for Yahoo Group is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kohatians/
Official CCK Site : http://www.cckt.edu.pk
Kohatians’ Association : http://www.kohatian.com/
2. Chapters in major towns of the country and abroad have been organized. The various meetings of the Association were made more focused and organized. The attendance in these meetings increased markedly.
3. In 2008/09, the Association was able to assist in securing Rs. 3 crore for the college from the government.
4. Attempts to restore the grant in aid continue and progress has been made in this regard. At present the Kohatians Association provides financial support to over 20 cadets who are unable to meet there expenses due to financial problems being faced by their families. For the purpose the KA has been raising and distributing around Rs 1 million each year for the last two years.
5. The Association has succeeded in involving the younger Kohatians in the Association’s activities.
6. The launch of the Grooming Mentoring and Counseling (GMC) initiative was a major step. Through the GMC initiative, ex cadets organize events for the benefit of cadets in supporting them to be able to better adapt to the challenges they face in education. A career counseling session was organized in CCK in early 2009.
7. The Kohatians’ Association is in discussion with Iqra University Islamabad (owned by a Kohatian) for organizing teacher training courses for the teachers of the CCK.
8. The Kohatians Welfare Foundation has been launched to initiate projects with involvement and for benefit of the wider community, while focusing mainly on Kohatians.
9. Kohatians Association provided support to those affected by earthquake of 2005 and to IDPs in the recent conflict in various parts of the country.
Akora Khattak Hospital Project
Flood Relief Efforts
It is always insipring to see the results of all the hard work done by an individual or a group of individual. Kohatians Foundation, that relies on volunteers to undertake its activities, is delighted to forward a message sent to Mr. Ihsan Ghani, President Kohatians Association and office bearer of Kohatians Foundation.
As forwarded by Mr. Ihsan:
I have received the following txt and am forwarding the same to all Kohatians with permission of the sender.
AoA, Sir i m a kohatian 40th entry & i was supported there by kohatians financial aid as my family ws not in a good financial position. I m currently a student at LUMS and doing quite well here. I recently got your num from Nisar Sahb nd i want to say thanks for changing my life. I would have never been able to reach here without your support. Thanks alot sir and plz let me know sir if i could be of any help to your programme.
Well done Kohatians and well done Kohatians Foundation!